Dismiss Notice

JOIN OUR DISCORD!

Chat with other players, keep up to date with news and get support

Forums Now Open!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by OnePound, May 23, 2018.

1. OnePound

Owner

[​IMG]
    Welcome Back!
    For those of you who have not been keeping up-to-date via our community discord, we're coming back!

Matagin, Magnettar and I have been working on the return of Icewynd now for the last 8 or so months and are coming closer to an official re-launch of the Factions Server! Unfortunately for the next few weeks or so, development will be slow due to exams and other demands, but we expect to have some more information regarding the first season of the new and improved Factions server by the end of June, or early July.

Thanks for sticking around whilst we work on making the best, most unique, and balanced factions server of 2018.

Want to get ahead of the game?
    We aim to have the store up at some point before launch for pre-purchases, and will run some generous sales to let you returning players get a little more bang for your buck, but until then you can still help spread the word of Icewynd's return and get some in-game rewards for doing so.
    1. Join the Icewynd Hub NOW!
      Yes, that's right! The Icewynd server is actually online now and open for all of you to join! Come and explore our new hub and gain some McMMO levels from fast-food pvp so that you have that slight advantage at launch when new players arrive.
    2. Link your account to discord!
      Simply type /link whilst in the Icewynd hub to receive a unique code - go and type this in the Icewynd Discord's #commands channel - doing so will reward you with $10,000 on Factions at launch!
    3. Refer your friends!
      Generate your own, unique referral link by typing !refer in the Discord's #commands channel.
      If a player joins the discord through this link they will be marked as referred by you, and you will get the following rewards:
      $15,000 on Factions if they link their Minecraft account to Discord.
      $20,000 on Factions if they reach level 3 in-game (more details coming soon).
      1 Referral Crate on Factions if they reach level 5 in-game.
    Thanks for being around at this early stage, we hope you're as excited as we are for the re-launch of Icewynd! If you have any suggestions for features you'd like to see, be sure to bring them up here!

#1 OnePound, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. dxysammy

dxysammy Active Member

I'm looking forward to Icewynd! I feel we need more advertisement though because Minecraft is kind of dead now!

• Like Like x 2
  3. matagin

Owner

Well only dead for people who don't play it. It has been on the decline for a while now but there are still millions that play it. Even factions servers. The Archon just re-opened and they have 600+ players on all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matuir

Matuir Member

You couldn't stay away could you? You really should have just let it die and let your profits be your profits. Good luck to you I guess. Hope others have fun playing as we did growing up on a block game.

5. dxysammy

dxysammy Active Member

Yeah I agree, just a new generation of players. Just need some more exposure from perhaps some small youtubers which have a decent following.

6. matagin

Owner

Oh I tried to let it die but OnePound and Magnettar came to me wanting to relaunch their server under the Icewynd name. I still enjoying running a server though. It can be fun.

Can't believe you are still around! You have to be in college now or something right? I think it was like 6 years ago when I remember meeting you on MCJunkies PVE Towny server :)

7. MafiaFox

MafiaFox Community Leader

Insane this is coming back! Please take as long as you need to do a beta and make sure everything is a 100% <3

• Like Like x 3
  8. TeddyG94

TeddyG94 Active Member

About time this is back!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. slayer

slayer Community Leader

Lmao. This brings back some good memories. I’m excited to play some Minecraft again.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2018, Original Post Date: May 24, 2018 ---
    Also please allow Spawn Traps and Warzone be not humongous. They added so much more flavor to spawn fights. Also made you really have to be creative when making traps that people would fall for.

Also I loved the sand outside the Spawn to fight on, it was a lively color.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Thundrztorm1

Thundrztorm1 Member

Really looking forward to giving mc another go and i hope to see some old friends coming back aswell. So many memories coming back

11. Thundrztorm

Thundrztorm Community Leader

Wrong account ^ but anyways like i said Really looking forward to this and glad to see you have been working on bringing the server back!

• Like Like x 4
  12. EchoErik

EchoErik Community VIP

Brings back memories. 4 years flew bye.

13. Ac3sKiiD

Ac3sKiiD Community VIP

14. SaulAlf

SaulAlf Member

hate to be that guy but, if we donated a long fat time ago will we still have our ranks?

15. Thundrztorm

Pretty sure matagin and the others haven't decided that yet.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 27, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 18, 2018 ---
    Really looking forward to a new update soon??? @matagin @OnePound

16. MafiaFox

MafiaFox Community Leader

17. Thundrztorm

18. philly231

philly231 Community VIP

Wow I was super excited to see this and ready to message some old friends but then I saw the last comment and I almost cried a little